Guided tour – På sporet af Aarhus-jazzen 2 (DK)
Concert is canceled!
Carl Ancher Pedersen (guide)
The jazz tour goes to Godsbanen
• When and how did jazz come to Aarhus?
• Where did it settle, reproduce, and branch out into a myriad of genres?
• Where has it lived during the roughly 100 years since it found its way to the city when it was "young and wild"?
• What happened when the city's curious citizens and musicians first became acquainted with jazz's royal instrument, the saxophone?
• What ups and downs have happened in Aarhus jazz taken, and how is it doing today?
• Which Danish and foreign jazz stars have brightened in the Aarhus jazz sky over the years?
• When and how did Aarhus get its own annual jazz festival?
- And what can I experience in this year's edition?
On this walk, learn the answers to these and other questions.
We start at the mirror pool in front of Musikhuset, after which we pass some of the venues - past and present – where jazz has been played over the years.
During the trip, we will focus on Godsbanen and its venues: Radar and A-huset - Institut for (X), which will house some exciting concerts during Aarhus Jazz Festival. On this evening, at Radar, star guitarist Marc Ducret (FR) will be performing music inspired by the poetry of Robert Frost. He will be joined by four musicians from the Danish jazz elite and Aarhus Sinfonietta. If you are into more traditional New Orleans jazz with a modern twist, you can experience Blutos (US/IL/DK) in A-Huset on the same night.
In addition to jazz, there will be an introduction to the exciting melting pot that the former freight station has evolved into since 2012.
Learn about the many creative cultural figures and their exciting activities. Or learn about Aarhus K, the new part of town growing around the surrounding areas including Denmark's first newly built architectural school New Aarch.
Come and swing on a jazzy city walk.
Your guide on the trip is Carl Ancher Pedersen, who has a good knowledge of both jazz, Aarhus Jazz Festival, and the city. In addition to being the editor of the jazz festival's program, he is a guide with Aarhus Guides.
A total of three city walks will take place during the jazz week, all in Danish:
Sunday, July 11 at 1 PM - 2.30 PM - the "classic" jazz city walk
Wednesday, July 14 at 1 PM - 2.30 PM - the jazz tour goes to Godsbanen
Saturday, 17 July at 1 PM - 2.30 PM - the jazz tour goes to Sydhavnen
Concert is canceled!
14/07/2021 13:00 - 14:30
Cover charge Kr. 100
50 kr. for børn under 18 år.
VenueSpejlbassinet ved Musikhuset
Thomas Jensens Allé 2
8000 Aarhus C
OrganizerCarl Ancher Pedersen
(+45) 40 19 90 18
Aarhus Jazz Festival
- Foto: Jørgen Nielsen
- Foto: VisitAarhus